Mission and Values
Tacoma Public Utilities will provide competitive, environmentally responsible electric, water and rail services through teamwork, technology and innovation.
We believe in and are committed to:
- Serving our customers
- Respecting people
- Caring for our community and the environment
- Achieving excellence
- Operating safely
- Publicly owned since 1893
- Largest department in City government
- Operates entirely from revenues from sale of services, not from taxes
- Is governed by the Public Utility Board, which appoints the Director of Utilities
- Approximately 1,200 employees
Serving our customers means more than just providing
reliable, high-quality, and competitively priced utility services. Click
here to find out how Tacoma Public Utilities
employees are making a positive difference in the community.
Public Records Request
Records Request form
Instructions: Submit online, download form, fill out form in ink, fax to Barbara
Werelius, Public Records Officer at (253) 502-8598 or mail it to:
Barbara Werelius, Public Records Officer, Tacoma Public Utilities,
Management Services Office, PO Box 11007, Tacoma, Washington 98411.
Questions about form? Call Barbara at (253) 502-8764